Are you looking to return to work or change careers?
Do you want to work in a school?
There has never been a better time!
Schools and other organisations are desperately hiring people for a number of roles.
Starting in July 2022, North Metropolitan TAFE are running a one-semester course on the skills required to be a successful candidate for employment in a school or elsewhere. The course aids in preparation for entry into gardening, cleaning, administration, management, education assistant and any other types of work.
This course is suitable for people new to the workforce and people looking to change career or looking for a return to work.
The course includes:
• Training in skills specific to the role you are interested in e.g. IT skills
• Work experience in a school or other organisation
• Help and support to find work
• Help accessing further training as required e.g. Certificate III in Education Support
• Development of your job application cover letter, resume and help with selection criteria
• Strong work ethic
• Good oral and written communication
• Must be able to read procedures, safety sheets and chemical bottles
• Must be able to send and receive emails
• Successful completion of an entry interview
• Working With Children Check and a Department of Education Clearance
• Dates – Starts week 1 of term 3 and runs for up to 20 weeks
• Many students finish the course early because they find work
• Days – 3 days per week, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:15 until 2:45
• Cost – Approximately $170 (subject to change) total course fee for full 20 weeks
• Location – North Metro TAFE Leederville and on work experience
• Qualification – GATE (Gaining Access to Training and Employment) Certificate I
If you would be interested in this course then please email: