Follow the Dream is an inter-agency program managed by the Department of Education across the State in collaboration with Graham (Polly) Farmer Foundation and private industry sponsors such as BHP Billiton.
The program targets Aboriginal students with high aspirations as they commence their secondary education.
Through individualised case management in the areas of academic acceleration, longitudinal subject selection, career and transition support, students are encouraged to complete Year 12 and achieve results that enable entrance into tertiary studies.
The program also includes high achieving and motivated students undertaking vocational education and training (VET) school pathways, provided they meet the program selection criteria.
Students are selected for the Follow the Dream program based on attendance, good grades and positive attitudes towards their schooling.
The program provides students with:
- tutors to assist with homework, assignments, study habits and goal setting
- an individual education plan
- a mentor to review their school progress and general wellbeing
- regular updates on academic performance
- a safe and well-resourced space for students to study
- career guidance
- regular contact with parents and teachers regarding student academic progress
All participants in Follow the Dream are further supported by teachers, parents and communities that have high expectations, involvement and pride in the students success.
For contact information, please click here.
Check out our latest Follow the Dream Newsletter here.