ATAR students Sevenoaks Senior College participate in an additional program to help them develop the academic skills needed for successful university entry.
The skills and information provided to students in these compulsory programs support them both in their time at school and also into their university years. A highlight of the program is the visits from each University to inform students of their many options.
We offer the following courses:
- Pathways to Year 12 a study and exam skills course for Year 11 ATAR students.
- Pathways to University is a university application preparation course for Year 12 ATAR students.
Some of the topics that are covered in both programs are:
- Time management skills
- Note-taking skills
- Organisational strategies
- Exam preparation strategies
- Guest speakers from universities
- Visits to various Career Expos
- Elevate Education sessions