Second-hand Textbook Trading
The college is conscious of the need to provide an efficient process for families to be able to buy and sell
second-hand textbooks and other student resources.
We are delighted to inform you of the school’s new initiative to provide parents with the ability to trade
these second-hand items via the Sustainable School Shop website. www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au
Results from other schools have been excellent – families have enjoyed a very comprehensive and
convenient method of buying and selling second-hand items.
The new service is very accessible, it preferences our school first and then provides access to buy and
sell items with families attending other schools – many schools use this service. Access to second-hand
textbooks, calculators, stationery, musical equipment, etc is available all year.
For the best results:
· Register on the Sustainable School Shop website
· List your items for sale
· List wanted ads for those items you are looking to buy
· The college’s booklists are loaded into the system to make listing ads easy
· The system matches the ads of buyers with sellers and notifies the buyer via email
· Buyers contact sellers and arrange where and when to trade
· Most trading will occur with other parents from the school
· Parents are well supported via Sustainable School Shop’s telephone (0438 743 444) and
email help lines
· The system is simple and easy to use – If you don’t have a computer, internet access or an
email address, please call the Sustainable School Shop for assistance
· You can pre-arrange the transaction and then trade after the texts are not required.
Sevenoaks Senior College is providing this service to our community; when registering on the
Sustainable School Shop you need to nominate the college to receive your subscription.
We are very excited about this new initiative being offered to parents and we hope you will make the
most of the opportunity to annually recycle your student’s school items as this will help another family
and student at our school.